The session approved the following recommendation for in-person worship at its stated meeting June 1, 2021.
In light of the CDC's recent update for fully vaccinated people and the Commonwealth of Virginia's Executive Order 79, effective May 28, 2021, the LPC Worship Committee recommends the following:
- The blue tape on the pews will be removed from most pews.
- The usher team will ask worship attendees if they are fully vaccinated; if their answer is "yes," they will be invited to come in with or without a mask and sit where they please.
- If attendees say they are not fully vaccinated, (fully vaccinated is two weeks from the second dose of Pfizer and Moderna and two weeks from the J&J vaccine) they will be told that a mask is required, (masks will be provided if they do not have one) and they will be invited to sit where they please. If they are not able to wear a mask, they will be asked to attend worship by Zoom or YouTube.
- All other requirements for in-person worship previously approved by the LPC session remain unchanged.
- No mask required for fully vaccinated people and no requirement for social distancing for all attendees would go into effect for worship services starting on Sunday, June 6th.
One additional item coming from the session: We love our hymns, however, no guidelines recommending singing (even with masks) have been issued by the PCUSA or the American Choral Directors Association at this time. Therefore, the session encourages no singing. We can make a joyful noise when we hum.
Classes and activities for all ages are subject to the COVID-19 guidelines currently in effect. All classes are currently meeting on Zoom unless otherwise noted.