We currently have one staff opening.
Lexington Presbyterian Church
Job Title: Sexton
Position Scope: The work of the Sexton involves the routine cleaning of the church facilities and minor repairs.
Activities and responsibilities:
A. Required Skills
- Physical condition necessary to regularly move tables and chairs, climb tall ladders to
change light bulbs and clean.
- A warm, helpful, and welcoming demeanor in meeting the public.
- A self-starter and decision maker with authority to complete responsibilities without
- To keep the sanctuary and educational building clean and orderly.
- To keep windows washed on the interior.
- Prepare walks, steps and porches in anticipation of winter storms.
- To prepare rooms for use on Sunday and weekdays for church and non-church activities
- To keep bathrooms clean and stocked.
- Empty all trash as needed during cleaning of each area.
- Check AED machines weekly.
- To help bring out, set up and put away various holiday decorations.
- To keep the lawns and grounds mowed and trimmed or oversee that work.
- To cooperate with other church employees as their duties and schedules relate to
- To inform Administrative Assistant of supply needs and when things break down
requiring the attention of a service person.
- To inform his/her supervisor when he/she is unable to perform his/her duties.
- Overall: To clean the church once a week and the bathrooms at least twice a week
Relationships and Accountability:
Sexton's primary line of communication is with the minister(s), the Administrative
Assistant, and the Chairperson(s) of the Property Committee.
Sexton reports to the minister. Supervision and guidance are of a general nature.
Salaried position. Pay commensurate with experience but based upon expected work
week not exceeding 30 hours.